Welcome to Mediatool – a thriving startup building a collaborative web application for advertisement planning. Our environment when it comes to coding include continuous integration, test first and focus on delivery. We strive to use the latest and best technology whenever possible. We highly value quality code that is scalable and maintainable.
You will be joining a growing team of developers working in Malmö, Sweden at a nice central office. We also have an office in Stockholm where our sales team is located.
Mediatool is a flat organization with very short decision paths where every employee has an operational role. This puts high demand on you as an employee to be self sufficient and to take responsibility for your own development ,
but you will also have colleagues willing to share their knowledge and experience in building applications.
If this way of working suits you, you will thrive in our environment that is creative and simple. It is important to us that you have good analytical thinking and that you can structure your own work.
Please visit our website: https://mediatool.com for more information about our company.
Your initial responsibilities will be to add new features in our backend which is highly structured. You will be expected to learn our code structure and how to add to it. As time passes and you become more comfortable in our code base, your responsibilities may grow to other areas such as security implementations, database setup, front end code and so on.
Our code is mainly built with a functional programming paradigm and around event sourcing. Familiarity with these concepts is desirable but not required, you will learn as you go.
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
- Private health insurance (Prioritized care)
- Health insurance
- Nice central office with great commuting options, free coffee and Red Bull
- Choose your own equipment. (PC/Mac and Gadgets)
- Generous Friskvårdsbidrag
- Adding new commands and queries that will make up new features of our application.
- Making sure the correct security configurations are made for new features.
- Contribute to decisions on how a certain feature should work.
- Connect frontend modules to the backend.
- Experience of Node.js backend technologies.
- Professional experience with building a web application.
- Professional experience with nosql databases, most relevant are MongoDB and Redis.
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies and platforms, such as ReactJS, HTML5, and CSS3
- Experience with or an interest in functional programming
- Experience with or an interest in event sourcing
This position is full-time and available immediately.
To apply for this job please send us your CV and and a short letter describing yourself. If you have any published open source code available please also send us your username to the relevant service, for example GitHub, Stack Overflow or NPM.
If you fulfill the requirements for the position you will be contacted regarding an interview.